Deadline to Apply is September 30th!
- The scholarship is being offered to sons and daughters of UNDE members in good standing. As well as grandchildren (residing with member), legal guardian, permanent foster child or any dependent who currently resides with member.
- The candidate must intend to register at a university of recognized standing or a recognized institute of higher learning on a full-time basis for the academic year.
- The successful applicant will be required to submit proof of registration at a university or recognized institute of higher learning.
- From the qualifying candidates, the final selection shall be made by an appointed scholarship award committee of the National Executive, on the basis of financial need and academic standing with preference given to 1st year students.
NOTE: The Union of National Defence Employees reserves the right to withhold granting of the award if no applicant is deemed to possess the necessary standing or for other valid reasons.
In order for your application to be processed, please ensure the UNDE scholarship award committee receives the following material:
- Application in full.
- A full transcript of your high school record, including the final record for the last year you attended high school and/or post-secondary education.
- Brief statements from two (2) teachers or figures of authority with whom you have worked during the past year, containing their general evaluation of your work, your capacities, your character and performance in his/her class or classes. (Separate form enclosed to be given to two (2) people.)
- A 500-word essay on one of the following topics :
- Canadian Labour Unions–Past, Present and Future.
- The Role of Organized Labour in a Just Society
All the above documents must be received by the UNDE scholarship award committee no later than September 30.
Send all documents to:
UNDE Scholarship Award Committee
c/o Sandra Montpetit
Suite 700 – 116 Albert Street