14 Dec 11
MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD 13 DEC 2011
UNION OF NATIONAL DEFENCE EMPLOYEES – LOCAL 30905
President Philip Mackin
Executive Vice-President John Brinton
Secretary Elaine Haase
Health & Safety Officer Dan Kilmer
Treasurer Kim Haynes
2nd Vice-President VACANT
Chief Steward VACANT
Human Rights VACANT
1. Philip Mackin did a role call of the Executive Officers, and called the meeting to order at 12:05. The President advised that the Harassment Policy was in effect for the duration of the meeting.
DISCUSSION ACTION BY
REVIEW OF AGENDA
2. Motion was made by Dan Kilmer to accept the agenda as presented. Seconded by John Brinton.
3. The previous minutes of the executive mtg were not available. Will be presented at the next executive mtg scheduled for 02 Feb 12 at 16:15 hrs.
4. Treasurer’s Report – As per Annual General Mtg held on 29 Nov 2011. All were in favour. MOTION CARRIED.
Communications & Correspondence
5. Letters have been received from UNDE National requesting copies on some grievances that have been filed. Philip Mackin asked Elaine Haase if she had any suggestions on how to comply with National’s request. She suggested go back to member for their copies.
Elaine Haase action #5
6. PSAC Edmonton Regional office distributed a copy of a Steward Fact Sheet that they suggest all individuals who handle grievances complete this form and hold in the grievance file. Steward Fact Sheet can be located on PSAC-afpc.com website. ALL Stewards/Executives who handle grievances
7. UNDE Prairie Council of Locals is schedule April 13 & 14 2012 in Moose Jaw. Designated travel days are April 12 and 15. Local 30905 are entitled to 2 delegates paid for by UNDE National. If the Local elects to take observers they are paid for by the Local. Delegates will be decided by vote at next Executive meeting. Approval to fund observers to be decided at next GENERAL meeting.
8. UNDE Annual Presidents Conference is scheduled April 26-27 in Ottawa. Travel days will be April 25 and 28.
9. Name, address and e-mail for the Local’s Health & Safety Officer is to be submitted to June Winger, UNDE Regional Vice-President
Elaine Haase to respond
10. Local’s annual financial audit complete with Annual General Meeting minutes where the audit has been accepted by the General Membership due in Ottawa by 31 Dec each year.
11. UNDE and PSAC have a scholarship program for member’s children. Elaine Haase has a copy of the UNDE application or you can find it on the individual websites. GENERAL MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
12. UNDE now offer Long Service Pins in 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 year increments. Additional information can be found on the UNDE website
13. PSAC members have been invited to attend Edmonton Rush Trades night Feb 24 at Rexall Place Lower Bowl tickets are $25.00 additional information cost, seating, etc can be obtained from Elaine Haase.
14. It was noticed that the Treasurers position was up for election this year. The executive apologize for the oversight and at the next General meeting scheduled 08 Mar 12 at 1615 hrs in the LTF. There will be an election for the Treasurers position. GENERAL MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 13:00 hrs motion by Elaine Haase, seconded by Dan Kilmer. Next meeting 02 Feb 2012 at 16:00 hrs. Executive members
Philip Mackin Date
Elaine Haase Date