MINUTES OF THE UNION OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
EMPLOYEES LOCAL 30905
ANUNAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD ON 29 NOVEMBER 2011 AT 1615 IN LTF CFB EDMONTON
1. INTRODUTORY REMARKS
The President called the meeting to order at 1635hrs.
2. ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
Chairman/President Frank Lloyd
1st Vice President Ben Engels
2nd Vice President Philip Mackin
Treasurer Kim Haynes
Employment Equity Officer Vacant
Health & Safety Officer
Chief Steward Vacant
INTRODUCTION OF SPECIAL GUEST:
John MacLennan, National President
June Winger, Regional Vice-President
3. HARASSMENT POLICY
Harassment Policy read by Brother Wayne Jenkinson
Interveners for today’s meeting are Wayne Jenkinson and Elaine Haase.
The meeting will be taped today for secretary purposes.
4. REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF 29 NOVEMBER 2011 AGENDA
Motioned by Wayne Jenkinson to accept the agenda of 29 November 2011 with the amendment to change the date of the past minutes to 22 Sept 11 and not 29 June 11.
2nd Elaine Haase, all in favour – CARRIED
5. ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF 22 SEPTEMBER 2011 MEETING
Minutes for 22 September 2011 General Meeting – Motioned by Kim Haynes to accept the amendment of inputting the brothers & sisters full name minutes, 2nd Dan Kilmer, all in favour – CARRIED
6. TREASURER’S REPORT
Presentation of the Audit Report for UNDE Local 30905 for the period of 01 October 2010 to 30 September 2011 for approval of the general membership.
Chequing $12,383, Action Fund (Savings) $8,601, Term Account $20,432, Term Account $ 10,075, High Interest Savings $25,321, and Dividends Account $131.for a total Bank Balance of $76,943.
Motioned by Kim Haynes to accept these audit reports as presented.
Discussion: Clarification on abbreviation of a cheque written to Council of Locals.
Second by Dan Kilmer.
All in favour — CARRIED.
PRE-APPROVED EXPENDITURES/TRANSFER for the period of 1 October 2011 to 30 September 20120 – as per the attached document, motions as follows:
1) Transfer of Funds: Motioned by Kim Haynes to be accepted as presented, 2nd by Dan Kilmer, no discussion, All in favour — CARRIED
2) Operation Expenses: Motioned by Kim Haynes to be accepted as presented, 2nd by Eric Gosbjorn, no discussion, All in favour — CARRIED
3) Donations Expenses: Motioned by Kim Haynes to be accepted as presented, 2nd by Dan Kilmer, no discussion, All in favour — CARRIED
4) Membership Expenses: Motioned by Kim Haynes to be accepted as presented, 2nd by Eric Gosbjorn., discussion: Sister June Winger informed the local about the National “Pin” program for terms of service. All in favour — CARRIED
5) Educational Events: Motioned by Kim Haynes to be accepted as presented, 2nd by Phil Mackin, discussion Kim Haynes explained about the accountability and consideration, All in favour — CARRIED.
President Frank Lloyd handed over the chair to RVP June Winger for the Elections
Sister Elaine Haase state that she did get one written nomination however as the nominator is no longer a member of this local the nomination could not be accepted.
1St Nomination is Phil Mackin by Kim Haynes, 2nd Eric Gosbjorn
2nd Nomination is Ben Engles by Mike Hogan, 2nd Rob Sinkovics
Both members allowed their names to stand and each spoke on their own behalf.
34 members signed, ballots counted by NP John MacLannan & RVP June Winger.
Brother Phil Mackin is elected as President by majority.
Motioned by Frank Lloyd to destroy the ballots, 2nd by John Brinton, All in favour — CARRIED.
b) 1st VICE PRESIDENT
1st Elaine Haase by Mike Hogan, 2nd Brenda Needham
2nd Ben Engels by Eric Gosbjorn, 2nd Wayne Jenkinson
3rd John Brinton by Frank Lloyd, 2nd Patrick Cafferky
John Brinton was the only one allowed to have his name stand – elected by acclamation.
1stL Elaine Haase by John Brinton, 2nd Frank Lloyd
Elaine Haase allowed her name to stand – elected by acclamation
National President John MacLennan swore in the newly elected executive members into the office Union of National Defence Employees Local 30905.
NATIONAL PRESIDENT ADDRESS TO LOCAL MEMBERS.
John MacLennan spoke of the troubles ahead and the fight in front of us.
9. ANNUAL DRAW OF $100.
Won by Terry McGale.
Motion for adjournment at 1744 by Mike Hogan, 2nd Dan Kilmer, All in favour — CARRIED
Phil Mackin Kim Haynes
President Treasurer/Acting Secretary
UNDE Local 30905 UNDE Local 30905