Minutes of the
Local Executive Meeting
30 July 2014
Meeting held in the Island #7 meeting room.
1. Meeting called to order at 12:01pm.
2. Roll Call of executive officers:
President: BR. Rick Parenteau
Vice President: BR. Mike Zubrack
Acting Treasurer/Health & Safety: BR. Wayne Parks
Chief Steward: SR. Carol McDonald
Secretary/Steward: BR. Robert Tucci
3. Reading of UNDE Harassment Policy by the Secretary.
4. Motion: by the Vice President to accept the previous minutes without error.
Seconded: by the Treasurer.
5. The Treasurers report was read by the acting Treasurer:
– Petty Cash: $174.25
– Chq Acct: $15,610.72
– Sav Accts: $8,754.98
– Common shares from the three accounts: $18.66
– Benevolent Fund: $30.00 was re-allocated from one member to another because of changing situation.
Motion: by the Chief Steward to top up petty cash to $300.00.
Seconded: by the Vice President.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- General Membership Meeting: According to by-laws our local is required to hold these meetings quarterly and as such the next one will tentatively be 26 Aug 2014 in the canteen right after work (4:05pm) The agenda must be out one week in advance. There will be food and prizes. A typist will be required for one of the members due to hearing.
- Work Descriptions: Should the union be involved? This should be brought up on the next LMCC meeting.
– The Vice President suggests for members to email their chain of commands for any inquires and remind members they have the option to grieve their work descriptions.
– “DAOD 5008-2 Civilian Labour-Management Consultation” reference consultations is available for members to read.
- Receipting for Kitting: The executive is encouraged to look through previous LMCC minutes for any information on this topic and to bring up anything that needs clarification.
- Benevolent Fund (Newly added):
– President to approach CO for possible town hall on this subject to finally get the information to all which should limit rumours and questions.
– Is it possible for the union to get a copy of the contract so we can interpret what is means? This may answer a lot of questions and concerns.
– President may need to send a round trip memo to CO on this matter which would mean that a response should be given within a two week time period.
Motion: The Vice President motions for $30.00 to be given to a member.
Seconded: by the Acting Treasurer
10. Motion by the Secretary to adjourn the meeting;
Seconded by the Health and Safety Officer
11. Next meeting scheduled for late Aug before the General Membership Meeting.
12. Meeting adjourned at 12:29pm.