Minutes Of The Local Executive Meeting
17 May 2012
Meeting held in the 7CFSD union room.
President: Sr. Carla Van Dyk
Vice-President: Br. Mike Zubrack
Secretary/Treasurer: Br. Rick Parenteau
Health & Safety: Sr. Carol MacDonald
1. Meeting called to order at 12:03pm
2. President brought forth information about 3 Local 30903 members attending the upcoming UNDE Grievance Handling Course. Executive discussed the expectations and Stewardship roles that these members would take within the Local. Executive discussed the Chief Steward having information about the roles of the stewards.
3. President brought forth information from the National PSAC Convention. PSAC National president is Sr. Robyn Benson. There will be 3 dues raises as a result of the convention for Political action, PSAC staff pensions, and youth committees. More information on the PSAC website.
4. President brought forth information about an additional dues increase to maintain the current budget if the PSAC membership falls below 170 000 members.
5. Executive discussed meetings between the Commanding Officer, President, and Vice President with regards to vacant positions being the first to be cut if there are cuts.
6. Executive discussed having a General Membership meeting for mid June.
7. Vice President brought forth memorandum from PSAC National President with regards to boycotting National Public Service Week; Executive will post the memo and canvas members to gauge local 30903 support of a boycott.
8. Executive discussed the upcoming LMCC, Work Force Adjustment, and the JOSH committee.
9. Motion by Br. Rick Parenteau to adjourn the meeting;
Seconded by Br. Mike Zubrack.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 1:01pm.