Minutes Of The Local Executive Meeting
18 April 2012
Meeting held in the 7CFSD union room.
President: Sr. Carla Van Dyk
Vice-President: Br. Mike Zubrack
Secretary/Treasurer: Br. Rick Parenteau
Health & Safety: Sr. Carol MacDonald
Chief Steward: Br. Duane Vye
1. Meeting called to order at 12:00pm
2. President brought forth information about 2 UNDE courses coming in May. Classification and Writing Job Description (May 8 – May 12) & Grievance Handling (May 27 – June 1). Executive will post info for members.
3. President brought forth information from the Prairies Region Council of Locals about Work Force Adjustment. Executive discussed the projected 3 rounds of cuts and how WFA, Surplus positions, and vacant positions will affect Local 30903 members.
4. President informed executive about a LMCC meeting scheduled for the second week of May and executive discussed having a WFA Committee.
5. President brought forth information about Canadian Forces members becoming PSAC members having their CF service count toward their PSAC service being effective April 1, 2012.
6. Executive discussed issues around members following work descriptions and work duties.
7. Vice-President brought forth discussion about benevolent fund spending.
8. Executive discussed the recent move of Casual employees into the warehouse from the Afghanistan section.
9. Secretary discussed the scheduling of meetings with more notice. Executive meeting scheduled for April 24 2012 to discuss LMCC.
10. Motion by Br. Rick Parenteau to adjourn the meeting;
Seconded by Sr.Carol MacDonald.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 11:45pm.