Minutes Of The Annual General Meeting
29 November 2011
Meeting held in the 7CFSD training room.
Chairperson: Sr. Carla Van Dyk
Membership: See Attached List
Visitors: Br. John McLennan (National President)
Sr. June Winger (Regional Vice President)
1. Meeting called to order at 12:09pm.
2. Reading of UNDE Harassment Policy by Br. Duane Vye.
3. Introduction of visitors by the chairperson.
4. Agenda for the meeting was presented.
Motion by Br. Rick Parenteau to change the Agenda and have the election for the Health & Safety position changed to the election for the Secretary/Treasurer position;
Seconded by Sr. Corrine Crossman.
5. Motion by Sr. Billie-Jo Brockie to approve the Agenda;
Seconded by Br. Tony Murphy.
6. Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 24 January 2011 were presented.
Motion by Sr. Judy MacRae to adopt the minutes as presented;
Seconded by Sr. Patsy Marchand.
7. Local President, Vice-President, Health & Safety Officer, and Chief Steward submitted a written report.
Local Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer gave verbal reports.
8. Financial Audit was submitted in a written report.
Motion by Br. James Zubrack to accept the Financial Audit;
Seconded by Sr. Isabel Betancourt.
9. Budget was submitted in written report.
Motion by Sr. Denise Potts to accept the Budget report;
Seconded by Sr. Judy MacRae.
10. Local President gave information to the membership about CFIB Petition. There will be a copy of the petition with the Vice-President.
11. Chair turned over to the Regional Vice President to conduct Local 30903 elections.
12. Chair calls for nominations for President:
Nomination by Sr. Corrine Crossman for Sr. Carla Van Dyk as President;
Seconded by Br. Doug Fulfit.
Nomination by Sr. Diana Maltais for Br. Rick Parenteau as President;
Seconded by Sr. Jayne Fisher.
Both candidates accept the nomination and address the membership.
Ballots are handed out and after a vote; the chair acclaims Sr. Carla Van Dyk as President.
13. Motion by Br. Doug Fulfit to destroy the ballots;
Seconded by Br. James Zubrack.
14. Chair calls for nominations for Secretary/Treasurer:
Nomination by Sr. Jayne Fisher for Br. Rick Parenteau as Secretary/Treasurer;
Seconded by Br. James Zubrack.
Nomination by Br. Bob Semotiuk for Br. Duane Vye as Secretary/Treasurer;
Seconded by Br. Rick Parenteau.
Br. Duane Vye does not accept the nomination.
Br. Rick Parenteau accepts the nomination.
The chair acclaims Br. Rick Parenteau as Secretary/Treasurer.
15. The swearing of the Oath of Office for the newly elected officers was administered by the National President.
16. Regional Vice President addressed the membership on various topics with information about her involvement with UNDE committees and TC Bargaining Team; and discussed the union organization, UMCC meetings, TC table strike protocol, and UNDE long service pins.
17. National President addresses the membership with a speech. Information from Regional Triennial Convention in Calgary was given on topics such as the budget, investments, new website, national executive workbooks and iPods for improved communication, and 19 resolutions going to the National PSAC Convention. Other speech topics included, business case courses, O&M money to SWE money, term roll over, base closures, strategic review, CFIB petition, classification review, political action and union representation vote.
National President discussed membership questions about PSAC supporting diverting tax money from DND, PSAC and UNDE representation, PIPSC joining with CLC, and pension claw backs with regard to our union.
18. Executive held a door prize draw for a $50 Costco gift card for the membership present at the meeting;
Sr. Margaret Corcoran won the draw.
19. Local Vice-President addressed the membership with closing comments then congratulated and thanked Br. Bob Semotiuk on his upcoming retirement and years as a member of Local 30903.
20. Motion by Br. Bob Semotiuk to adjourn the meeting;
Seconded by Sr. Nicole Campbell.
21. The meeting was adjourned at 1:13pm.