Executive Meeting Minutes 25 June 2014

00629 Minutes

EXECUTIVE MEETING

UNDE LOCAL 629

25 June 2014

In Attendance Grant Tennant Acting President
     Matthew Laframboise  2nd Vice President
 Amanda Sykes  Chief Shop Steward
 Heather Walker  Secretary
 

Absent

Vallerie Griese

Steve Gauthier

Treasurer

President

           Guests GDI  – Melissa
 Susan

Serial

Discussion

Action By

1

Call to Order

1630 hrs.

A. President

2

Introduction

Harassment Policy read.

A. President

3

Review of Previous Minutes

Nothing to bring forward, last meeting minutes accepted.

A. President

4

Activity Reports

All executive must provide activity report in order to receive per diem.

A. President

5

Labour Day Family Fun Day (LDFFD)

Will be run by our executive as no-one has come forward to assist with regards to manpower. Event will be Sunday 31 August from 11 am to 4 pm, staffing to arrive for 10am.

RCLC has donated $1000. CLC is covering the insurance. President is handling Firefighters Crash and Ladder Truck, classic cars, 2 inflatable toys and the climbing wall, food and music. 1st Vice is acting as the control point for the event.

Our treasurer is handling the financial aspects and the secretary will handle the media portfolio, contacting photo booth, Kitchessipi Breweries and Food Truck. 3rd Vice will work with setup, teardown and anything for day of. 2ndVice is away and has declined to handle anything prior to the event.

We need to craft a new email based on the old one. We need to acquire donation bines similar to those used for United Way.

Will set up a kids fun area, requires space roughly the size of a baseball diamond.

We’ve confirmed that both Jason Blaine and Clara’s Big Ride will be no go.

Will look into a petting zoo, cotton candy and popcorn machines.

A. President

Guests

3rd Vice

CSS

6

President

Visited Steve in the hospital who is doing as well as can be expected.

A. President

7

Action Items

Secretary to craft and send new email to RCLC and brothers and sisters of UNDE local 629 and Email out changes to PSHC changes.

A. Pres to check into status of upcoming courses.

A. President

8

New Business

Has made contact with some individuals however they need training and has found that has generally been the response across the board. People indicate they would feel more confident stepping into role as Stewards.

May be some issues with the new collective descriptions. Looking through grievance paperwork.

LMCC premeeting tomorrow, 26 June. Every unit should be asking about staffing. Off on training from 7-11 July.

Changes to the Public Service Health Care Plan. New CANFORGEN out indicating ability to suspend employees has been revoked and now resides at the highest level, not at level of workplace.

New cheques have been ordered.

Mbrs losing compressed work week.

CSS

A. President

Secretary

Treasurer

2nd Vice

9

Meeting Adjourned 1758 hrs.

A. President

Minutes prepared by Heather Walker

Minutes approved by Grant Tennant