Executive Meeting Minutes 24 September 2014

00629 Minutes

EXECUTIVE MEETING

UNDE LOCAL 629

24 September 2014

In Attendance Steve Gauthier President
 Grant Tennant  1st Vice President
 Vallerie Griese  Treasurer
 Heather Walker  Secretary
Absent Steve Yashinski

Vacant

2nd Vice President

3rd Vice President

Serial

Discussion

Action By

1

Call to Order

1630 hrs.

President

2

Introduction

Harassment Policy read.

President

3

Review of Previous Minutes

Motion to remove any personal information from last meeting minutes.

Motion seconded.

Motion passed.

1st Vice

Treasurer

All

4

Activity Reports

Reiteration – All executive must provide activity reports in order to receive per diem. For those who have not per diems will be withheld and notification of such will be sent to executive member.

Sept – (final for this fiscal year)Per Diem distributed

President

Treasurer

5

Financial Report

Provided. Request from President to separate different diem payments in groups for membership meeting in October.

Treasurer

6

Renfrew County & District Labour Council

Email forwarded from Micheal Wright of the Labour Council re Labour Day 2015 planning. Volunteer excluding current executive are Susan Glenville and Lynn Davenport from GDI cleaners

It’s been almost a full year since UNDE local 629 signed on with RCDLC (Renfrew County District labour Council) Decission to renew membership will be a agenda item for 1st new executive meeting in October .

President

 

7

AGM

16th October, 3pm. All union members have been given permission to leave workplace at 2:45 IOT attend. Heather to prepare slideshow of photos, be prepared to set up and show finances on screen, print off two copies of MUD sheets and bring along with sign in sheets. Speakers will be Serge Desbian, June Winger, and Robin Benson. The President will look after having the food cooked and ready to go, including buying buns and arranging to have metal pans there for serving.

President

8

LMRC

Terms of reference not signed yet. Moore to follow.

1st Vice

9

Round Table

Relocation of Spouce – Between the new procedure of consulting the HRO website and the current HRO staff on ground for concerns or questions, there has been a lot of miscommunication and not responses experience from members. Concerns are raised as legal timelines are not being meet not to disregard the emotional stress involved with not being informed of expectation and rights of you the UNDE employee when your military spouce is being transferred to another base . Suggestion that an SOP for “Relocation of Spouce” UNDE members be created mirroring the package Military members are presented upon starting their posting clearance .   CHRO responsibility of Locals? More investigation required

United Way Campaign: Question Will the Union be making a donation to the United Way campaign as traditional done in past years?

Motion to donate $500 to the UW campaign?

Due to layoffs the Union membership is down, motion to amend donation to $250.

Motion seconded.

Motion passed.

GIC’s are coming due for renewal. Discussed rates and terms, Treasurer and 1stVice to set up meeting with TD Bank to explore options.

CSS

1st Vice

President

1st Vice

Treasurer

3/2

Treasurer

10

Meeting Adjourned 1745 hrs.

President

 

Minutes prepared by

Heather Walker

Minutes approved by

Steve Gauthier